Sunday, October 12, 2008

Ironic

It was surely a long day even if I was basking in the snot and puke that I call love. Curly was up all night and Smiles gave me his usual awakening at 3ish in the morning to eat. We were all tired today. We were all somewhat cranky today. I'll be honest, I couldn't wait for it to be over. My girl clung to me all day and had one of those where she JUST wants mom. It was rough if you remember that Smiles has to eat, and I have to do it. Every time I had to feed him or hold him she would throw a monster fit. I was getting rather frustrated at one point...okay, so a couple times. Anyway, he was needing to be fed and so I was trying to get a movie ready for her to watch. I go to pick one out and it was the whole, "I want Barney." I go and put Barney in. "No, I want to watch Shrek Momma!" So I switch it to Shrek. "I no want watch Shrek Momma. I want Letter Factory! Hold me Momma. Hold me!" (She wanted me to hold her while she watched the movie which would ruin the whole point of my putting it in.) I was going nuts. Under normal circumstances I wouldn't have put up with that for a minute, but she and Smiles were sick, he needed to eat, I was tired, and she was throwing some monster fits. Finally I lost it. I started yelling at her because I was loosing my patience. Can you guess what I yelled? Try really hard, I am sure you can guess after you look at the title of this post...

"You need to be PATIENT!" There were also some other things mostly explaining why she needed to be patient right now. How silly that I am yelling at her to be patient because Mommy is loosing her patience. One of those moments I guess, where you realize how silly kids must think we are and why they get confused so much.

On another note, I want you all to know that I hope you have a Vicky. I would have had a much rougher day by far if I hadn't had my Vicky today. What is a Vicky you ask? Well, a Vicky is not something that you can buy or order, you have to pray real hard for it. (Mine is pictured in the photo to the right with my kids.) You have to receive it from God himself. A Vicky is a blessing- that's for sure. Now, your Vicky may not do that exact same things that mine does, they are all different and unique. They come with different names. Mine is just what I need and yours would be what you need. A Vicky is a very versatile gift, and I have to say that I sure do love mine. Today my Vicky held my baby while I tried to get some sleep and also brought me coffee to help with last nights lack of it. I often leave my children with my Vicky and it costs nothing. So, thank you Lord for my Vicky and please bless all my friends with a Vicky of their own. Think tonight about all the things that yours has done for you, and please comment sharing those wonderful things. I would really love to know.

3 comments:

Vicky said...

This was very sweet Amber. I love getting to come and help you.

I don't have a Vicky, but I have an Amber who shares her kids with me and let's me hold them (even if the whole time I'm holding one of them she's crying, "Hold YOU, Mama! Hold YOU!" Thank goodness for "Play George")

Also, the PATIENCE thing made me laugh really hard. Oh my Amber! And all of this happened before 9am?! Ah! Just remember the song....

Pure Mommy Extract said...

An Amber is the same as a Vicky, you see. Thank you for sharing and being my blessing.

Anonymous said...

I thought as I was reading about your Vicky, "Hey! I have a Paula!"
How I love and rely on my Paula. And She gives me the honor of allowing me to be her "Lisa".
Thank you for reminding me special and rare she is..."THANK YOU GOD, for my Paula!"