Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Daddy's Dragon Girl

So, my little girl has this thing where she ONLY likes to be called Mommy's pumpkin girl. When someone calls her Smile's sister, cute, special, or even a girl- she will promptly tell them that she is not. Example: "No, not sister! Mommy's pumpkin girl!" We have been trying for a long time to help her understand that she can be both a sister and Mommy's pumpkin girl at the same time. I will admit that I kind of liked it. It's like her little claim to be mine. She is still more attached to Mommy over anyone else, though with Daddy spending so much more time with her since Smiles arrived, she has grown a lot closer to him as well (which is wonderful and I love that it's happening). Sad as it may be, she has grown out of her Mommy only stage and learned to understand that she can be more than one thing at a time. The other day she told me that she wasn't Mommy's pumpkin girl, she was:

"Daddy Dragon Girl, Daddy Pricess (princess), and his Daawwter alllll same time Momma! Two, bowf."

Yes, I do understand that two both doesn't fit since there are three titles here, but we will have to work on that in the future. For now I will have to come to terms with the fact that she is slowly growing up and will need me less and less as time goes by. The lemonade of the situation is that it's only Daddy, and I want her to be as attached to him as she is to me anyway. At least it's not someone outside of our home yet =).

2 comments:

Vicky said...

Hmmm.... what could she be for me???? :) I'm teasing!

I love her titles from daddy. Dragon Girl is so fitting. And the "two, bowf" thing is so classic-Alexis. I can totally hear her saying it!

Anonymous said...

I keep trying to get her to let me give her a special nickname and I WILL succeed someday!