Sunday, March 1, 2009

Hymns, Sweet Hymns

There is just something special about a hymn people. Do you agree?

I love worship music with all the band and special stuff with new songs...more contemporary lyrics. That's all well and good.

...But, there is just something different about an old hymn with a new voice and something other than the organ music. Nothing fancy, perhaps with the guitar or something. I'm into it. Sunday just wouldn't be the same without Jadon Lavik playing in the background.

La ti da, makin' my pot roast and mashed potatoes...(insert humming here and some singing along)... "I need thee every hour..."

It's the best.

Can I get an AMEN!?

2 comments:

Vicky said...

Amen! :)

Jenilee said...

AMEN! We are truly sisters heart! :) I love hymns - the message is just so simple and strong in each one. I love comtemporary worship but throw a hymn in and it is just perfect!