Thursday, April 16, 2009

"Behold" Saith Smiles

"Behold!"
"Wait just a second here...I need to fix this a bit."

"Ah. That's better, now I look more mighty and tall. This way I will get the respect of those that think little of the small. Just because I am not as large as you, doesn't mean that my mind is any less sophisticated."

"It's true. I hear you scoffing. My capacity for learning far outweighs your own. Now who is the scoffer?"

"That's what I thought."

"Anyway, as I was saying. BEHOLD. The sun shineth in the...in the...well, in the sky."

"Come crawl with me in the grass and taste each blade with care. Spring is here! The torrent rains have stopped and the hail has ceased. The great day has come."

"At least Lily is willing. She agrees that the taste of the grass is magnificent. I urge you to bite into one crisp morsel of green. You will find yourself pleased."

"I understand. You are aged. You have forgotten the blessed newness of God's creation. You would rather taste the work of men. Fools!"

"I will just sit in peace and enjoy it with myself then."


Yes. I just made something really stupid up so that I could post pictures of Smiles in yesterday's sun break. I am so ready for the brighter days to be here so that I do not have to deal with low light photographing. It's not my strong suit. It's hard. It's ugly. We don't like to do it.

6 comments:

Mom (Lisa) said...

Love your cute Garden Gnome! Where'd you get him?

Jami Janelle said...

you are adorable. in everything you do! love it! love you!

Vicky said...

It wasn't stupid! It was funny! And Smiles sure is cute!!! You can post pictures of him anytime (and his big sister... wonder where she was during all this fun???).

However, someone should warn Smiles that Lily thinks the grass is her personal restroom, and he may want to refrain from eating it. :)

Laurel said...

Very cute ... the pics and the story.


Laurel :)

Best Fantasy and Science Fiction said...

This is an excellent story! Im impressed. :)

Grandma S (Sheryl) said...

That was such a cute story. The little man is so cute. The sun does enhance the beauty of the world...and your little man looks great in the sun! Thanks for sharing.