Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Cable? What Cable?

I am a feeble and weak woman. At least I come by it honestly, right? Why lie about it, you're bound to find out sometime.


The plague that hit our house last week and lasted...well, I guess it's still lasting...it may have made me go against my principles. I may be failingly inadequate in my attempts to have standards, but by golly I will not have you go around telling folks that I am self-righteous or hypocritical. You know that television thing, how we are not going to watch it anymore? Well, it hasn't been turned off (from the cable company) yet. We haven't turned it on...scratch that- hadn't turned it on, but it's still coming into our house for the moment.

Back to that plague. Yesterday that germ fest that has created a nesting ball of phlegm on my couch that roosted at a much higher temperature than my little Curly would be comfortable at, well it kinda got to me. I'm not sure if it was the 9 hours or so of sleep that I have had in the last week (okay, that's a little exaggerated), or if it has something to do with my new ability to recite most of Horton Hears a Who in my sleep, but I just had to allow some cable usage.


Curly has been sick enough that she was glued to the couch, and at some points didn't have even the slightest interest even in the box. This is survival time. It's fine with me if she is "babysat" by the screen when she is that sick. (Babysat meaning that it's keeping her from crying at me whilst she is sprawled across my now numb lap because she wants me to hold her and snuggle her. You didn't think I was actually getting a moment away from her did you?) She has been feeling quite a bit better, but now you have a Mommy who is really tired and can't hardly make a sandwich properly because now the baby is sick and every time I try to put him to bed he starts coughing so hard that he can't catch his breath. That makes us all have rough times. So, more movie watching happens...and then the cable comes on.

First, I want you to remember that I told you the reason that I was getting the cable turned off was that I know I have no self discipline and I knew that I would be weak knowing it was an option- remember? I told you that. Second, I also don't have a problem with the box when we are dealing with a sickness of this magnitude. I just didn't want anyone thinking that things are somehow different than reality.

Thanks. I needed to get that off my chest.

No comments: