Monday, November 24, 2008

Family Visit

Saturday I got the opportunity to go to my Uncle T and Aunt B's house to take some photos of their family. I wanted to get some practice in. I have been looking forward to putting Pioneer Woman's suggestions with Photoshop to good use. Photoshop is so confusing at times and her tutorials have really been simple to figure out. Great stuff! There are also some great lessons in basic photography if any of you are interested in that.
They are a family of seven, two parents and five children. I think they are planning for eight, but I am not certain. (I think I heard Uncle T tell me once that he was trying to keep up with my dad. Big families are fun, I miss having a lot of people around sometimes. Other times I greatly enjoy the peace and quiet.) Isn't Aunt B beautiful! In fact when I first asked Uncle T to look at her for a snap, he teared up quite a bit. I tell you guys, it's in my genetic make up to cry so much! I swear that if you knew my family you would not be so surprised by my overly productive tear ducts.
This little guy is E. He is the youngest child right now. I noticed he is very easy going and flexible. I don't think I saw him cry even once.Here he is trying to get in on the popcorn party. Being the youngest didn't hold this guy back.
This is J. He is a little older than my girl. He sure is a cutie. I think he enjoyed the leaves the most. You gotta love the face pictured below! I think that's one of my favorites.
Meet A. She was very calm and a little shy for all the stories I have heard about her. The stories on auntie's blog about her always make me laugh. She just seems to do her own thing. She was very good at being photographed- I love her in black and white...I had to keep myself from taking the color out of all her pictures!
T is the oldest boy. He was very much a typical boy. He liked to be silly and give me goofy faces. He looks so much like his dad to me, definitely got the Judd genes! It reminded me of my brother that is directly after me chronologically. What a fun kid.
M is their oldest girl. I remember when she was a baby. I can't believe how grown up she is. I don't see them very often because life sweeps you up. She is just too cute. I love her little smirk. A little shy, but willing to go for it anyway.
And here is a compilation of some fun family moments. Big family fun. I love the shot below, it makes me laugh every time I see it. They are all doing their own things...Vicky and I think it should be the family Christmas card! (I don't think they are going to take our advice.)
If you tip 'em upside down while wiping their noses, it gets the drool to help clean off the rest of the face =).
Father son fun.
This is during the family snack.
And this is just a fun shot of mom loving on her baby. How sweet.

4 comments:

Bronwyn said...

I ordered our Christmas cards today. Guess what picture I went with.... yes indeed. How could I resist? It pretty much just summed up daily life in the Judd household. I love you Amberlyn!

Vicky said...

YAY!!! Go Bronwyn! :) That makes me so happy. Amberlyn, I look forward to smiling every time I walk by your fridge this winter.

Anonymous said...

I love them all- EVERY SINGLE ONE. You totally captured the joy of this family. Im just a friend of Thomas's (and Bronwyn's now too) so I read Bronwyn's blog and when I heard that you posted more on your blog I wanted to come see them- Im so glad I did!

Anonymous said...

It's true! You cannot look at the group-kid picture without laughing!

That's a great way to spread holiday cheer!

They are a really beautiful family.