Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Word

So often the Lord speaks sweet words of encouragement when we need them. It probably won't mean much to you because it was meant for me, but I wanted to share it anyway.

I was praying yesterday about the swiftness of Ana's process, and struggling with internal feelings. My desire is for her to be home right now. My desire is to be fully and completely at peace with God's timing. Not wanting to push God, I was slacking in the depth of feeling and asking in my prayers. He spoke.

Psalm 114

1 When Israel came out of Egypt,
the house of Jacob from a people of foreign tongue,

2 Judah became God's sanctuary,
Israel his dominion.

3 The sea looked and fled,
the Jordan turned back;

4 the mountains skipped like rams,
the hills like lambs.

5 Why was it, O sea, that you fled,
O Jordan, that you turned back,

6 you mountains, that you skipped like rams,
you hills, like lambs?

7 Tremble, O earth, at the presence of the Lord,
at the presence of the God of Jacob,

8 who turned the rock into a pool,
the hard rock into springs of water.


I am thankful that there is NONE like my God. My savior can move the mountains, be they made of paperwork or boulders. He is mighty to save, yes HE is MIGHTY to SAVE.

2 comments:

Jenilee said...

I love the mighty to save song. So beautiful! Thanks for sharing God's word today. :)

Jenilee said...

Oh! and here is one of my favorite verses!

""Ah, Sovereign LORD, you have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you." Jeremiah 32:17